Land Boards, Tenure and Advice (LBTA)
Mandate of LBTA
The LBTA is Mandated to:
- To implement the Communal Land Reform Act (Act no. 5 of 2002);
- To amend the Communal Land Reform Act;
- To provide administrative support to Communal Land Boards countrywide;
- To ensure development of communal land; and
- To oversee and facilitate the administration and management of communal land in all regions.
Core Functions of LBTA
- Coordination of CLBs meetings and Investigating Committees.
- Compilations of the Land Boards quarterly and annual reports.
- Render advice on land related disputes referred to Ministry.
- Processing of allowances of CLBs, Appeal Tribunal & Committees.
- Render logistical support to CLBs (funds, equipment, furniture, etc).
- Capacity Building of CLBs.
- Facilitate the assessment and development of communal lands (Leaseholds).
- Development of policies and legislation for communal lands.
- Facilitate the allocation of customary land rights exceeding prescribed size in terms of hectares.
- Training of Communal Land Boards and Traditional Authorities on matters related to communal lands and tenure systems.
- Development of leasehold agreements and selections criteria for rights of leaseholds.
- Facilitate and monitor the survey and mapping of communal lands and tenure systems.
- Prepare and ensure proper utilization of the Division’s operation and development budgets.