Media Statement by Honourable Utoni Nujoma, Minister of Land Reform, in respect of the Government of the Republic of Namibia's Decision to consent to COMSAR properties SA "COMSAR" to lease four Farms on a Long-Term basis from Government.
To be continental leader in land reform and administration.
To ensure that Namibia's land resource is equitably allocated, efficiently managed, administered and sustainably used for the benefit of all Namibians.
"To administer and ensure equitable access to Namibia's land resource."
In order to achieve its mandate, the MLR embarked on the Land Reform programme which is built on two pillars, namely:
- the redistributive land reform process that involves the acquisition of agricultural commercial land by the Government according to the willing-buyer-willing-seller and expropriation principles, as well as the resettlement programme aimed at improving access to land by resettling previously disadvantaged Namibians.
- Tenure reforms through the development of unutilised or underutilised non-freehold land and registration of land rights in communal areas.
Click here to Read more
The Namibian Government has embarked on a Public Service Reform Initiative (PSRI) which is intended to transform Public Service into a performance driven organisation at all levels - Central and Sub-national levels.
The reform initiative is aimed at improving service delivery to the Public and fosters operational
efficiency within the Public Service. This will in return result in inefficiency achieving the National
Development Plan and Vision 2030 Goals.
Our Service Charter:
Customer Services Charter Booklet....(Click here to read more)
To rate our services...(Click here to get the Rating Questionnaire)
Please download and complete the form. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* PRESS RELEASE * - 10 July 2018
- The Government of the Republic of Namibia is convening the 2nd National Land Conference with the main objective to review the progress made towards the implementation of the 24 Resolutions of the 1991 National Conference on Land Reform and the Land Question in Namibia.
- Further, the Conference will deliberate over what more could be done to fast track the implementation of the 1991 Land Conference and other land related issues that emerged during the implementation of the land reform programme.
- The Second National Land Conference is scheduled to take place during the first week of October 2018 and shall be hosted under the auspices of the Office of the Prime Minister.
Click here to ...Read more
- Allocations of leasehold land rights for business purposes
- Allocation of rights of leasehold in desnated areas for agricultural purposes
- Allocation of new customary land rights
- Recognition and registration of existing leasehold (PTOs) land rights
- Recognition and registration of existing customary land rights