The Lands Tribunal
The members of the Lands Tribunal are appointed for three years. The Minister appoints an officer of the Public Service to be the Registrar of the Lands Tribunal. The Ministry of Lands and Resettlement through the Directorate of Land Reform (Division of Land Use Planning and Allocation) provides administrative functions to the Lands Tribunal.
The Lands Tribunal is mandated to:
- decide any appeal lodged with it in terms of any provision of the Act
- consider and give a decision on any application made to it in terms of any provision of the Act
- generally to inquire and adjudicate upon any matter which is required or permitted to be referred to it under any provision of this Act or any other law
- Any decision, order or determination of the Lands Tribunal may be executed as if it were a decision, order or a determination made by the High Court of Namibia.
Office of the Lands Tribunal Contact Details
Registrar of the Lands Tribunal: Ms. Peterina Sakaria
- Tel: +264612965130
- Office: D1.53 ground floor,
- Directorate of land reform,
- Robert Mugabe 55th Avenue Head office.
Members of the Lands Tribunal
|1||Mrs. Elise Mutaleni Ndjavera Angula||Chairperson||Tel:061-419500|
|2||Mr. Laurens Clive Kavendjii||Deputy Chairperson||Tel: 061-257351|
|3||Mr. Ryno Van der Merwe||Member||Tel: 062-571708|
|4||Mr. Orben Simataa Sibeya||Member||Tel: 061-402856|
|5||Hon. Clara Gasebewe Bohitile||Member||Tel: 062-581637|